Monday, June 1, 2020

What the lockdown 2020 has taught me

Someone told me "I am bored to death coz of lockdown.
There is no life, no interaction, no fun, no frown
It seems like life has stopped and I am caged!
Seems like time is stuck, i feel helpless and aged".
"What about you? " he questioned. "How are u coping?
Dont u wish this nightmare would soon be ending??"
"Well, frankly speaking" I said, "I would definitely  want this to end.
I would want us to be working and would love to meet my friends."
I wish that everyone is safe, secure and healthy
And go back to their routines asap and live normally.
But no! I am not unhappy nor am I bored
This is a much needed break and I am happy life has paused.
We drive ourselves crazy, chasing our big dreams.
We keep working relentlessly, it is more damaging than it seems."
This pandemic might have stressed us and turned our lives upside down
But its really made me reflect and shown me a path I've never known
It taught me that there is very little, that we need to be happy.
Like getting to spend this long due, quality time with my family.
This realization that you have a beautiful life and so many people who care for you
Who are there to support and lift your mood whenever you're feeling blue.
It taught me that you can be happiest in your own company, when you listen to your heart.
We have been procrastinating on so many of our passions and may be, now is the time to start!
You might be a workaholic, really passionate about your job but what can I say!
Being hard working and ambitious isn't bad but sometimes work can wait another day.
You might be an important asset to your company and maybe a project was dependent on you
But no, they won't shut down nor stop functioning if u miss one important meeting or a few.
It made me go back to my creative side, which I had lost somewhere in this rat race.
It brought me close to my long lost friends, and let my life self pace.
It made me realize how much my mind needed healing n my body needed rest.
I didnt even know that I could cook, paint, stitch and had a million other interests.
The food cravings and the late night parties might be missed but, simple, home cooked food is all that our body needs.
We can keep our loved ones happy and far from dreaded anxiety attacks, if its only positivity that we feed.
Yes we all can manage quite well, without a long day of hopping multiplexes, beauty salon trips and shopping.
Dont underestimate the small joys of life! A warm cup of coffee, with our favourite book or binge watching on Netflix can be equally entertaining.
We thought money and luxuries was very important but now we know, peace of mind and good health is everything.
We thought life was measured by the fame, but now we know, being helpful to someone in times of distress, is what gives life its true meaning.
                                        -Rashmi Poduval

2 comments: